3.24.2007


So I've had to flee my house because my wife is hosting a baby shower for a friend at church. So what's a better idea for a bright sunny day then sitting at the Car Spa and getting the car all cleaned up.

One of the guys who is washing my car has dropped more "F Bombs" than the words "and, the or like." It's a very interesting conversation that got me thinking... How do most Christ followers react when they are introduced to things of the world in a fairly blatant manner?

I know for me it isn't a big deal to talk to an unchurched person and kind of overlook to a certain extent their language, actions, etc. to try and build a relationship with them. For many people in the church they would view this as "conforming to the world" or becoming callused to things than break God's heart.

I guess the bigger thing for me is letting people be themselves. Who am I to totally change their world in a matter of moments? I need to build an understanding. Something that makes them sit back and think, "Sure, I'll talk, open up a bit, this isn't too strange. I think this person is alright."The American Church-Goer has fallen into mainly two categories:

1. Beat them Rodney King style with the Bible and his word (check out the movie "Saved" for a great example of this, it's funny stuff) or

2. They just don't care about sharing (It's like God is some Dirty Little Secret... thanks All-American Rejects!)

We are now at a crossroads where we as Christ-followers make a conscience effort to be real and treat God and His life changing power more like the exciting partnership it is and less like the plague or an excuse to condemn everyone who doesn't believe what we do. Just something to think about...

Jdel *over and out*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment