12.15.2007








I am not a learner by listening. Worship if it is repeatitive bores me. Most messages don't have enough going on to keep my ADHD movement at rest. I need to see it and I bet most of the people in your church need it too. Don't get me wrong, it's great to focus on the quality of the band, the depth of the message and what exactly is said during the offering and communion... but if you can't show them visually, forget it.


The average american flocks to the movies, watches entirely too much TV, spends thousands of dollars on surround sound, plasma HD-LMNOP displays, etc. You name it, they want to see it. The church isn't different. When people walk in, they want graphics that pop, displays that send a message, backgrounds and video that rival the Super Bowl Commercials, but... they expect to see lame graphics, weak videos, poor lighting and bad lobby design (because it's church right?!).


They expect and almost desire to see it so they have an excuse to leave and not give God a shot. So don't let them see it and give them a visual expereince that puts Coldplay concerts to shame (if you haven't been to a show, get online and buy tickets and drive if you have to, it's amazing).

*image from visualworshipper.com

2 Comments:

  1. LEHIGH VALLEY PROJECT said...
    Dude,

    Did you see that blog entry on Ben Arments blog about the guy who did this sort of thing utilizing three cameras versus spending huge bongo bucks on the software to make it happen? I thought it was cool. I'd like to talk to you about this one day. Ideas/concepts/how hard, etc..?? Aight.

    Richie
    Dave Daniels said...
    Jason Its Dave from ChurchyMedia!! Man I would love to get together. I have an interview with Cameron Ware tomorrow for the podcast. Just to let you know.

    david@churchymedia.com

Post a Comment