12.13.2007

So my wife and I take a trip every year to NYC for a couple days during Christmas. It is always a great time of relaxing and being around a city always on the move. But, that morning I was sitting with a crowd of people in the little shop to pick up breakfast for the both of us and I thought to myself "Man, I feel a little alone." Now I know that sounds crazy. Thousands of people, in the big apple with my wife, enjoying the holidays, but for a moment; in the chaos of my surroundings I felt kind of a little alone.

Now how about the church. New person, maybe with a friend walks through the doors into the chaos of "church people" running around, saying hey to their friends, grabbing a latte' and there they are: trying to stay calm in the storm and feeling pretty alone and out of sorts. I wonder if we can change this? Not really sure but it's been on my mind as my annual trip comes up again. Just a thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment