6.17.2008

So I've been inspired by reading the blogs of Seth Godin, Tim Stevens, Scott Hodge, Kem Meyer, Ben Arment & others who seem to only engage in certain activities on the web to keep their lives a little less cluttered (and it takes your own stinkin' admin team of interns just to keep up with all of the accounts on Web 2.0). For this very reason I have deleted quite a few accounts.

There is something just overwhelming to have
Twitter, Facebook (+ manage a couple groups), YouTube (3 accounts), Vimeo, Viddler, Anywhere.fm, Pownce, Virb, Blogger, MySpace (2 accounts, one for Forefront/Church), Flickr, iStockPhoto, & the list could go on for awhile.

I think it's going to be a little easier only having a couple of profiles to work with as opposed to 16+ accounts, passwords, comments, spam, "please be my friend," "check out my awesome garbage website," "can I have your bank account info to send you millions of dollars?" etc. etc.

What are you doing to "de-clutter" your life? How are you breaking the habits of more stuff and instead making real relationships with people? Paul was in the culture and meeting people on their terms, but if he were here today he would laugh at the 20+ accounts and ask us where is the time to actually "tell people about Christ's love?" I know I need to check myself daily. Hopefully this jumpstart will help.

J-del **over and out**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment