10.09.2009

11:25 pm Friday Evening.
On the road.

My view from the back of the van as we head up I-85 N to good 'ol VA.
It's never been so good to think about home.

I'm a pretty crappy husband at times. Listening to many of the speakers, worship music, and moments of tuning in to the whispers of God's voice... I realize I need to change my intentions into actions when it comes to my wife and daughter.

They deserve my best, not my left-overs. If I give you my best on Sunday morning and give them 70% of me because I gave my all to you, I'm a horrible example as a pastor and a lame husband. I try hard to be a strong husband, but it's time to be stronger. Try harder.

God, I'm yours. I am going to honor my wife. I am going to honor my daughter. I will no longer sacrifice them on the altar of neglect and lack of attention.

From Your servant who is learning & getting it. *over and out*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment