10.09.2009

A young lady came and met with me on Thursday of last week to discuss how life was going for her and the family. She discussed how God had been moving in their hearts about how to give to God and how they felt He was calling them to a higher standard.

She then proceeds to tell her about her and her husband's heavy smoking habit and how they spend hundreds of dollars in cigarettes in a month. In a month. She pulls out an envelope and places it on my desk. "That's mine and my husband's cigarette money for October. We're giving up smoking. We're going to make our cigarette money- God's money instead. It's what we need to do."

I was blown away. I know the road for both of them has been hard this past week. It's difficult to give up something that can be very addicting. But, God is moving in their family. He has been doing it since the day they accepted God's amazing gift of grace and love. They experienced here at Forefront. I'm glad they're here.

It's stories like theirs that keep me moving. Thank you for following Jesus.

Jason *over and out*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment